Saturday, January 10, 2015

Escaping Poverty

My artwork is about having a hand in helping woman around the world out of poverty. I painted three hands  of different skin colours holding a key that unlocks the door of poverty. The handle of the door is a world. Women only own 1% of the world's land! The women's hands that I painted are from Africa, Asia, and South America. In Africa, girls carry buckets of water on their heads all day for their family, instead of going to school. In Asia, baby girls are aborted before birth because they aren't boys! And in South America, a girl's parents can sell her off for money.
From this process I've learnt that in Canada, woman/girls are very fortunate. I've learnt that anyone, of any age, can lend a hand in helping out woman in the world out of poverty. Also, I believe that this issue is more important than most things we see in the media and people should know about the problems women face each day.

- Taylor, Grade 9

2 comments:

  1. Taylor .i love your interpretation of this project. Your completed results show insight and sensitivity beyond your years...good for you great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Taylor !! I really like the detail in the hands and the overall colours! You did an awesome job! You are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete