Friday, January 11, 2013

Be Spiritual


The word I decided to try and represent was spirituality. To convey spirituality I decided to paint a girl with long, blond, flowing hair, pale skin and a halo above her head. I wanted her to appear almost angelic, seeing as many people believe in a higher power when talking about spirituality. I painted her hands to make it look like she's in a praying position to try and drive the point home. I decided early on to paint her with relatively cool colours. I felt it would emphasize her golden-yellow hair that appears to be spreading sort of like a bird's wing. To me, spirituality is an important characteristic to have, bringing almost a sense of optimism and contentedness. If everyone adopted this trait, I think the world would be a much better place. We might just be a little more conscious of how we treat others. Hopefully this painting will inspire just a few people to be a little more spiritual in their lives.

Aaron, Grade 9

No comments:

Post a Comment